Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pleasant Surprise

I made something yummy last night, and we all know how surprising that is. I made chicken and wild rice, and while that was good, the surprising part was the glaze I made to drizzle on the chicken. I diced and sautéed a green apple, then added chopped walnuts and ¼ cup of maple syrup. Sounds sickening, right? It was so delicious! My good intentions are rarely good, so I was really pleased with myself. Now, don’t be too impressed; I got the idea off of the wild rice package (what, did you think I made either on my own?). My dad once told me that my sage wisdom to Darby would be, “If God wanted us to eat it, He would have put it in a package.” That is my mantra, but I did at least make the glaze from scratch and not a dehydrated package (like my rice).

What weird cooking success have you had?

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that you don't give yourself enough credit! Congrats on the success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your success, and Patrice is right- you don't give yourself enough credit!
    I like to add a little of this, a little of that, to stuff and just see how it turns out. Such was the case with the meatloaf I made for mom's birthday dinner last night. No cook books, no measurements- just 3 lbs. of raw meat and a pinch of love =)

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you're screaming