Friday, August 28, 2009

Under Where?


So, I once had to have a spinal tap. Nowadays, it is actually called a “lumbar puncture” so that it sounds less intimidating. It doesn’t. Anyway, Aramie and I compared our spinal tap experiences and hers was way worse; she’s a total badass. That said, there I was, waiting for 5 hours for my sweet ride to begin. I was finally called back, they took some blood samples that they already had, and I was ushered into a room with a gurney and a weird t.v. screen. The nurse handed me a hospital gown and told me to take off my pants and everything from the waist up. We all know that I say “chonie” instead of “underwear.” We all know that I sometimes like to class things up by shortening my spanglish word to “chones.” The nurse did not know this. I said, “So, I should take off everything but my chones?” She stared blankly at me for a long time. I couldn’t understand what she wasn’t understanding. It suddenly struck me and I hurriedly said, “I mean, take off everything but my…my…” and every other word for chonie left my mind. I stammered for an eternity and finally spat out “…my underwear.” While that wasn’t the worst part of the day, it wasn’t a great start.

How many words can you think of for chonie, and what is your preference?

4 comments:

  1. Pantiloons, undies, bloomers, briefs, knickers, drawers, foundation,
    G-string, girdies, panties, thong, underpants, under-rooz, butt floss

    as for us stormin mormons- G's ,mommy gear, white fright, ments, what else...

    ReplyDelete
  2. try granny panties, no sex while you wear these things, abstinence promoters, .... I'll stop there before I'm struck dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my old boyfriend and his whole family called them Skibbies and whitey tighties

    ReplyDelete
  4. baloney slammers, frumpie jumpies, banana hammocks, and nakey nippers.

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you're screaming