Friday, October 29, 2010

A Letter to my Nemesis


Dear Jillian Michaels,

Oh, how I hate your stinking guts. Every time you say, “fight it!” and “I want you to feel like you are going to die”, I just grunt out obscenities and feel rage welling up inside of me. I hate your rocking body and the knowledge that mine will never look like that. I want you to stop smiling during work-outs; I would feel much better if you were crying the way I want to cry while I’m doing a “goddess” hold or attempting “rock-star” jumps. Cry, Jill! CRY!

That said, I also love you. I love the changes I do see and the new sizes I haven’t fit into since fifth grade. The last scale visit I had (only for doctor appointments, I never keep one in the house) left me astonished and I wanted to shout it from the roof-tops! Your work-outs are short enough that I can do them with my daughter around and effective enough that I feel like I’ve done a good job rather than wasted my time.

So, rage on, Jillian.

Love, Hillary

My favorite work-out is Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Meltdown. It helps with my MS symptoms and kicks my can every time. What are your favorites?

4 comments:

  1. I hate her too. I started shredding the other day and I still can't walk straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to shred and do yoga.....I hate her. I hate anyone that expects me to be happy and smiling when I'm working out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo good job Hillary, I'll have to try her workouts. Ya right now I have a love hate relationship with Insanity hence SEAN T..I tool love the changes I see but yet I want to cry every time I see SEAN T too. What we do to look hot..hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't done anything more than level 1 of her shred. I'm scared to go up a level. But it's time I got over my fear and just did it. These calories aren't going to lose themselves.

    And I'm so jealous you fit into a pants size unseen since 5th grade. I don't even know what my pants size was in the 5th grade. Probably something LARGE. And I don't know how you don't have a scale in the house. My relationship with my scale borders on fanatical & obsessive.

    I should try the yoga, though. Sounds intense!

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you're screaming